Try this healthier version of Starbucks’ Spinach, Feta & Egg White Wrap for a nutritious, flavourful, and filling breakfast.
During busy mornings, my favourite grab-and-go breakfast is Starbucks’ Spinach, Feta & Egg White Breakfast Wrap (along with a cup of coffee, of course). I finally decided to recreate it at home and discovered how easy it is to make! Best of all, you can wrap it in tin foil and take it to go. The crispy exterior of the whole wheat tortilla provides a nice contrast to the soft flavourful contents. The egg whites and feta cheese make it hearty, while the sun-dried tomatoes add brightness and a pop of flavour.
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 10 min Total Time: 15 min
1 Large Whole Wheat Tortilla
1/3 cup Egg Whites (about 3 large egg whites)
1/2 cup Baby Spinach, chopped
2-3 tsp Crumbled Feta Cheese (no brine)
2 Sun-dried Tomatoes, chopped
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
oil/cooking spray of choice
optional: dried oregano, garlic powder
- On medium-high heat, coat a small pan with oil or cooking spray. Pour egg whites in the pan.
- Once the egg whites become opaque, add the spinach, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper (& other desired seasonings) on top. Using a spatula, fold the egg whites over twice (similar to a french omelette).
- Place contents from pan on the whole wheat tortilla and proceed to wrap tightly.
- Optional: To make the wrap crispy, place it on a panini grill or a dry pan, medium heat, for ~3 minutes until golden brown on each side.
- Serve immediately, or allow to cool before storing in the fridge or freezer.