Craving something sweet? Try this easy no-bake recipe that will satisfy your sweet-tooth. And get this – they are made of wholesome ingredients that are actually good for you! Trust me, you won’t miss those highly processed sugary chocolate bars that you’ll find at the grocery store.
These Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Balls are low carb, high in protein, contain healthy fats, and are a good source of vitamin E.
Be creative and customize them by adding in flax meal for extra fibre and omega-3 fatty acids, or your favourite protein powder for that extra protein boost. Have fun with the toppings, too! Some ideas are a sprinkle of sea salt, crushed nuts, goji berries, coconut flakes, desiccated coconut. The possibilities are endless!
Serves: approximately 14 balls
½ cup almond flour
1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder (optional)
¼ tsp salt
½ cup unsalted almond butter
1 tbsp coconut nectar (substitutions: maple syrup, honey, agave)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
Unsweetened desiccated coconut
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: almond flour, protein powder, salt.
- Add in the wet ingredients: almond butter, coconut nectar, vanilla extract. Stir all the ingredients together until it forms a dough consistency.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll into balls. Place them on a parchment-lined plate or baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals.
- Dip the balls one by one in the melted chocolate using a fork until it is evenly coated. Move them back onto the plate or baking sheet. Add any toppings of your choosing (sea salt, coconut, etc.).
- Allow them to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes. Enjoy! Store in the fridge or freezer.